Monday, September 26, 2011

Cheesecake Success

Huzzah! It worked! And, as it turns out, the outer surface of the cheesecake was not bunt at all. It was simply caramelized. Yum!

It was so good that I almost forgot to take a picture before the last slice was gone. Luckily, I remembered just in the nick of time. Voila!


The cake came out a perfect combination of rich and fluffy. I ate a small sliver, and it was still enough to satisfy me. I think the sour cream really helped it to not become too dense, and the fresh strawberries on top were a nice contrast to the rich creaminess of the cheesecake. I know most people prefer the homemade jam-style strawberry topping (which there is a recipe for in the cookbook I mentioned) but I must say that the simple freshness of the plain strawberries suited my taste just right.

Next weekend I'm off to Atlanta, but maybe I'll whip up a fall-inspired tasty treat up there!

1 comment:

  1. Its seems delicious and easy to prepare. Thanks for using the internet to show these kinds of tactics that happen behind close doors. I like healthy diet. Keep writing nice recipe.
    Tacoma Fitness

    ReplyDelete